18 September 2010

Lentils and sausages



I think there is a recipe for something very similar in Nigel Slater’s Kitchen Diaries but it’s not a dish that demands to be assembled too slavishly. The basics are lots of onions cooked for a long time with tomatoes, lentils and some sausages thrown in. It would also be nice served with the sausages separately. I added peppers as I had some in the fridge.



Flavour wise I went for thyme, paprika, a big (though fairly mild) dried chilli, garlic and a swush of red wine vinegar.

  1. Fry two onions with three cloves of garlic in plenty of olive oil for twenty minutes.
  2. Add tin of tomatoes and cook for twenty minutes until onions really soft. Add puy lentils and cook until done.
  3. At the same time cook/burn the peppers a bit and fry the sausages till a good colour and done. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Assemble! I put a bit of feta on top too.

No comments:

Post a Comment